In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg Brownie

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I was at my favorite gun store last week, the owner had passed away about 10 months ago and his son had been helping him out/running it for the last few years.

He said he had been "finding" guns all over the place and in some weird places; last week he found 2 Mossberg Brownie pistols under a false bottom of a small drawer in his dad's old roll top desk. To make a short story shorter, he wanted to sell them together although they are consecutive, they are both very very nice and don't appear to have been shot much, and one maybe never but one has a bit of finish wear near the muzzle. He wanted $500 for the pair and was going to take them to Tulsa this weekend for the "big show" ... unfortunately, they didn't make it to the show as I bought them on the spot.

I can't find much info on them, one has a serial number of 14xxx and the other of 24xxx ... I didn't know Mossberg made pistols which was my main reason for purchasing them, I did find an old ad on line that showed them for sale new for $5 which was sometime between 1919 and 1932 which was when they were made. They remind me of a 357 COP as they are a 4-shot pepper box type barrel and have a rotating firing pin ... and they can fire 22short, long and LR.

Any help on what year they were produced and value would be appreciated ... I think they are fairly rare. They actually look brown, not blue and it doesn't appear to be patina ...

I've got a few more pictures but this is the only one I have in my photobucket:

Mossburg%20Brownie.jpg

Comments