In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

removal of scope on one piece mount

golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a gun listed on GB which I linked below. It has a one piece ECHO scope mount. How is it assembled originally and can the scope be removed from the mount.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=107144427

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    golferboy426,

I borrowed one of your excellent photographs to use as an illustration:

scopemountechofh3.jpg

To remove the whole mount, base and scope you have to remove the barreled action from the stock and unscrew the three screws on the left side of the action.

To remove the scope mount and scope you have to loosen the two clamping screws above the three screws and take this off of the base.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks but that didn't answer my question perhaps I was unclear. I want to remove the scope from the rings
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you try as nononsense said and remove the mount and scope with the two screws first, then see if you can get to the two screws on the rings themselves from the bottom of the mount. if not cut the two ring bolts with a dremmell at the gap in the rings. after you get the ring bolts out replace them from the top with new ones.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    taking the screws out doesn't work It's like the mount is heated and bent to fit the scope. The 2 screws removed allow the scope to spin but that space is the only one on the rings, not like a 2 piece ring
  • Options
    I.ShuteI.Shute Member Posts: 647
    edited November -1
    Remove the turret and unscrew one eye bell and they slide right off.

Turret goes right back on.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Can't slide off. I looked at one of his photos..the adjustment knobs are keeping the scope from sliding. Rings have to come off.

Golf..after you remove the two large knurled screws (remove the scope assembly) from the base, completely remove the little screws from underneath. The rings are held in place with the screws on the left side, and are bent to clip into slots on the other side. They may be somewhat stiff. Hope I helped. Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    givette,thanks somewhat stiff is a huge understatement, they must have been heated to install, Can't imagine how you can remove the scope without ruining either the rings or the scope finish or the scope itself. Guess I'll just leave it on
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I doubt they heated scope rings to put them on and you sure couldn't heat them up to take off. They were either bent cold or the scope was disassembled and slid through.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The W & E adjustment turret and the ocular lens was removed to slide the scope into the ring assembly.
  • Options
    slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's diabolical!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks Hershel .
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks Hershel .

Which is exactly what I.Shute wrote the other day...

"Remove the turret and unscrew one eye bell and they slide right off.

Turret goes right back on."

Best.