In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger red label, THANKS!

jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
this topic lock is a pain in the *! I wanted to reply to all who had given some great replies and advice, but topic was locked and I couldn't...so a big thanks to those who replied, especially cartod, I'll be giving you a hollar shortly(when I'm ready to do the job!) thanks again, you guys are awesome!

Comments

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    If you do it yourself, you need to make sure you are comfortable removing pins and springs. If you are not, take it to a smith or send it back to Ruger. Good Luck. Todd
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jag,
    The Forum's policy of 10 responses to a question before closing can be mitigated somewhat by editing your original post. In one of my responses I used the word "disconnect". The more appropriate word would have been "disable".
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    375 h&h was also aking why his red label safety was going on between shots. You have indicated that you can feel the positive lock of the safety indicating that it is not the detent spring. it could be the detent rod. Have you tried unloading the gun and gently letting it drop on its butt pad (simulating recoil). Does the safety reset?
  • Options
    375H&H375H&H Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Have you tried unloading the gun and gently letting it drop on its butt pad (simulating recoil). Does the safety reset?

I will try that and see what happens ,
    sorry for using up your space Jag [B)]
    I should have started a new thread .
  • Options
    jagjag Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    375-no worries! thanks again to all!