In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Difference: Millennium VS Millennium Pro Taurus?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Will someone please tell me what are the differences between the Taurus Millennium and the Millennium Pro? Price difference, features difference, etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    Feature wise they are about the same. Taurus claims that the pro has resolved all the issues they had with original millennium pistols.

Price is touch and go since the original millenniums are out of production they usually can be had for less, but are usually pre owned when you find them.

You can got to www.taurususa.com to see the product detail of the pro series.

I have had two PT 140 Millennium pistols. Neither was a Pro series. My first was great but had relatively few rounds through it. My current one is well used and I have run into some problems. First the plastic grip pins broke. I had them replaced with steal pins. That solved the problem for good. Now I have noticed that the plastic trigger is broken. It shouldn't be a hard fix but Taurus refuses to sell me the part and it has turned into a huge hassle returning the pistol for warranty service.

BTW, their warranty is great and it ought to be if all the plastic parts on a plastic gun are going to break. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired though.

If I were you I'd steer clear of the Millennium or even the Pro series. It took a while for the problems with the original Millenniums to show up and I suspect it will be the same for the Pro series.

Also as a side note I will be getting rid of my PT 140 as soon as I can find someone to buy or trade for it. I fear I may have it for some time.