In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.450 Bushmaster mag kits

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Anybody sell mag rebuild kits(spring & follower) to convert AR mags into .450 Bushmaster?

Looks like I can just buy some Stoner brand mags for a decent price, but I have a bunch of 30 round 5.56 mags laying around that I would like to convert. Would be a tad cheaper. [;)]

Jon

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would have to modify the feed lips, and then use a single stack follower. It might not be doable with the 30 round curved magazine.

Best
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    You would have to modify the feed lips, and then use a single stack follower. It might not be doable with the 30 round curved magazine.

Best

Are you sure you would have to modify the feed lips? It would be single-stacked with the replacement follower & spring kit. You just have to load them by sliding under the feed lips instead of pressing them through like you can on a conventional .223.

I don't know for sure I guess. I have heard of a lot of people buying the 5 round .450 Bushmaster mags and then switching all the internal parts over to their 30 round 5.56 mags, with them working fine.

Jon
  • dog1944dog1944 Member Posts: 295 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just use a single shot follower and the 30 round will hold about 15 to 16 I got the follower from Sinclair and it works well
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dog1944
    Just use a single shot follower and the 30 round will hold about 15 to 16 I got the follower from Sinclair and it works well

Thanks sir. Exactly the info. I was looking for! [8D]

Jon