In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help Find info PLEASE

trouttruetrouttrue Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone help me find some info on a Black powder gun i came across? Its a double barrel Cal 44 Black powder only, It has on the side of barrel Armfurt- INC- Miami-Fla , Made in Italy- 20c and serial number on the other side. , I cant seem to find any info on it , but though someone on here might be able to help.
Is this gun worth anything??

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You MAY get some responses from the information you provided but I can guarantee you'll get lots of good info if you can provide a picture or two.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a Armsport Inc., from Miami, listed in my reference. They were an importer/distributor of Black Powder firearms, but out of business for awhile now.

Closest thing I could find to your description, is a combination gun. It has a 20 Ga. shotgun barrel and a rifle barrel.

EDIT #1, Your pistol is listed as the Corsair Model. This is what it looks like.

EDIT # 2, It's listed under Armsport in my book. Armsport was the U.S. importer/distributor. It might have been also sold by other U.S. companies.

There should be a Roman Numeral as one of the Italian Proof Marks. This will give date of manufacture.

Generally these modern Italian made Black Powder pistols aren't worth a lot. My WAG is that it would be bought as a wall hanger for the man cave. Probably in the $150-$250 range,if it's in excellent cosmetic condition.

dscn3298.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Can you email me some pictures [?]I would love to see your double. Thanks Karl
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For got to say it is a 44 cal black powder pistol double barrel.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YES thats what it looks like! Can ya tell me anything about it? Whats its value is?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So is it armsport or armfurt? Its not in any of my books i have.
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is an Armsport. It ain't gonna fund your retirement. Pistols such as this were imported in the '70's and '80's by several "take the money and run" gun companies in South Florida and Southern California. The fact is today, these pistols have very little, if any, collectors value. Their only value apart from possible sentimental ("It belonged to my mother"),is as a shooter.
    If unfired in absolutely mint condition with original box and papers, around $150.00 tops.
    If it has been fired, and no box or papers, $50.00 on a good day. And I am quoting retail prices.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the helpful info, without ya all i would not know anything about this gun.

Thanks Again!!!