In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C&R sell question

desmond30desmond30 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited September 2012 in Ask the Experts
I know that I only need to add C&R firearms to my bound book since I got my license, but what about selling C&R firearms I owned before getting my license?
Also, if I don't need to enter them in my bound book, can I still sell them directly to another C&R holder out of state or do I have to go through their FFL?
If you can provide a link to the Reg I would appreciate it.
I have written two C&R sites but received no response from either. I figured BATF would be a long wait too.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    If you are selling a personal firearm to another C&R holder, enter it into your bound book in the acquisition section as "transferred from personal collection" and the C&R buyer info in the "Dispostion" section. That covers you.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All C&R eligeble firearms in your collection prior to receiving your C&R are supposed to be recorded in your bound book when sold. It is pretty clearly stated in the books you got with the C&R.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And yes, you may transfer a C&R to a C&R FFL holder directly- EXCEPT handguns in CA (state law in CA). You will need a copy of their C&R FFL, and you enter in your bound book as a transfer to them.

The law that governs transfer of firearms and ammo is 18 US Code, Section 922. It is available on line. It says- it shall be unlawful...

(2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector
    licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or
    transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any
    person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer,
    licensed dealer, or licensed collector

EDIT: Thank you, Spider- yes, NY also has restrictions.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    And yes, you may transfer a C&R to a C&R FFL holder directly- EXCEPT handguns in CA (state law in CA). You will need a copy of their C&R FFL, and you enter in your bound book as a transfer to them.

The law that governs transfer of firearms and ammo is 18 US Code, Section 922. It is available on line. It says- it shall be unlawful...

(2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector
    licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or
    transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any
    person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer,
    licensed dealer, or licensed collector

C&R handguns are not eligible in NY State either. They must go to an FFL dealer.