In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1964 type 54 from Vietnam

evilmedicevilmedic Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
I just inherited a 1964 T54 handgun from my grandfather that he brought back from Vietnam. There are no papers on them and frame and slide serial numbers match. If I were to sale this how much is it worth? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_54_pistol

Condition is everything in pricing. Matching #'s is good, if it had bring back paper even better. Issue holster and the extra magazine would be a plus.

need good pic's for a proper evaluation of condition. here are instructions http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

added I shot the red star rusky version some back in the early 70's. Fairly hot round even by todays standards. The CZ 52 was interesting. 2 mags, holster and pistol for $160 in the early 90's. Hopefully you meant insurance value, family heirlooms are priceless.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "I just inherited a 1964 T54 handgun from my grandfather that he brought back from Vietnam. ".............and you want to SELL IT!!!, some grandson [xx(]
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    ChiCom Tokarovs have not been importable for about twenty years and older commercial imports currently run in the $250-$300 range for nice examples. A non import might bring 50-60% above that but condition with firearms is everything so until we can get a better idea of what it looks like giving you a value is not easy. If your pistol has any of the items charlie mentioned it would certainly increase its value.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +100
    quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    "I just inherited a 1964 T54 handgun from my grandfather that he brought back from Vietnam. ".............and you want to SELL IT!!!, some grandson [xx(]
  • Options
    45er45er Member Posts: 245 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    evilmed,

You may or not know, that without official "bring home" papers, the collector value is less. Word of mouth of obtained war trophy ownership, even when truely believed by a potential buyer, is just that... word of mouth without documentation.

Go over to the auction side, sign up there, and one may then view sold prices on firearms for reference of todays market. Though what you have may probably be a hit-or-miss when one may come up for auction?

And I did not read you saying you "wanted" to sell, which would be no one else's biziness anyhow, so with that, welcome to the forum.
    45er
    P.S EDITTo add to Mr Christian's statement of non- imported, as what you have-- an imported firearm will have the importing company's name stamped on the item, often on the barrel, and therefore is less value than un-marked.
  • Options
    hicap47hicap47 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bringback Type 54 w/o papers will sell in the $400-500 range...... One with papers can bring $800+..........