In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

loose fitting shotgun

SmaugSkeetSmaugSkeet Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have an SKB trap gun imported by Ithaca which I have shot so much, i can feel some play when the breech is closed. I take it out and shoot it occasionally but I would feel better if I it fit tighter. Can this be repaired or should I hang it on the wall?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those were nice shotguns. I'm reasonably sure it can tightened back up, though not a job for Bubba or a DIY project for most folks.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A competitive shooter told me years ago that SKB makes two or three oversize hinge trunnions , so the gun can be overhauled two or three times. His 600 was on the largest set so could not be tightened up again.
    I don't know who to go to, but I bet they can be found.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a outfit named Briley's, in Houston TX. They have been around a long time, and specialize in shotgun work. You might contact them.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Briley did my Browning about 5 years ago foe the same reason
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    Can be done by any good shotgun gunsmith. Call SKB with the model. I buy the parts from SKB and then take them to the gunsmith, saves all kinds of time and Frt. cost.
    Or Briley. I also believe SKB will do the work if you call them.