In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wby Vanguard

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited March 2014 in Ask the Experts
I just acquired a Wby VG, in 300 Wby Mag. The little screw that holds the bolt release lever to the action, is broken. It is less than 1/16 th " in dia. And is broken flush with the receiver on both ends. No slot on either end. I can't get ahold of it from either end. I've never seen an easy out that small. Even if I can find a new screw, I have to get this piece out of the receiver first. IDEAS Thx Keith

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warm the area, treat with penetrating oil like kroil, let soak for a day. Try a hat pin towards the edge to try and un screw. A watch makers screw driver bit with a tap of a hammer might make enough of a slot to back it out. Center punch and drill it out, make sure to use a small enough bit to not take the threads.
  • chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the exact same problem and I coaxed it out with a sharp pin.
  • HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    THX GUYS---I got it out by center punching lightly, a little penetrating oil, and the drill bit turned it righ on in, and fell out!!!