In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ky imports

crittergitterscrittergitters Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know when they ost their firearm license?

Did they sell new smith & wesson when they had their license?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    They began running into trouble in 2000 and despite several warnings from the BATF clean up their paperwork issues (they were losing track of 100 guns each year) their FFL was revoked in 2003. They went to court over it and lost their case so now they sell magazines and Corvette parts! They were a full line wholesaler but I do not specifically remember them selling S&W products. To be an S&W distributor back in those days meant a commitment to purchase several hundred thousand dollars in S&W firearms each year. KY always had rock bottom pricing on Glocks and berettas and it was sad to see them in such trouble.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had a gun shop ti 2005. atf said my shop purchased a sw 9mm from ky in 2005. They want to know who i sold it to. I have no record of purchase or sale. Is the aft ever wrong. I had only purchased a part and a sks from them previously both eel before 2005 Never would have purchased sw from them since I had much better sources for them.Any thoughts on this situation. I did have an employee that went bad and embezzed and used a credit card for personal use. Could have ordered a gun but KY should not have had a gun for sale in 2005.

Thanks Mark for your help!
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Please don't hold me 100% to the dates; it was a long time ago. They were missing a lot of guns for a lot of years and it is possible that you were used as a way for them to "account" for a missing S&W.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mark. Another interesting possibility.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a NIB S&W M-41 7 1/2" barrel from them several years ago - about '99 I think. I don't recall them listing the whole S&W line, but they had things like that.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard they also sell jelly.[:D]
  • Options
    cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    & I wouldn't use their jelly for gun lube.

OH, don't ask for pictures, either :(