In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.38 super target load

celsecelse Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
Does anybody know the Army Marksmanship Unit recipe for there .38 super target load?

Comments

• Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    I don't know what the Army Marksmanship recipe is, but I'll give you what I load for NRA Bullseye shooting.
    122 grain FP by Oregon Trail/Laser Cast
    4.2 grains Bullseye.
    Remington Standard primer
    O.A.L 1.222
    This works well in my Taurus 1911, with a standard factory spring.
    W.D.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have never shot 38 Super . But have been around The Marine Marksman ship unit for over 40 years I have never seen the marines or anyone from Fort Benning shoot 38 Super . However James Clark, John Giles, and Al Dinan, among many others converted man 38 Super pistols to 38 Special wad cutter . Make sure The barrel you have has not been converted. I have 3 such pistols . A lot of marksman ship team gunsmiths did this conversion.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The AMU also shoots USPSA.
    If they shoot Open, they likely have .38 Super raceguns and a Major Power Factor load for them. Do they give out a "recipe?" Not likely.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The AMU experimented with a .38 round for a while. As I recall it was a .38 Spl wadcutter with the rim removed and the extraction groove deepened. This was about the same time the S&W M-52 was introduced. I don't know if they ever competed with it.