In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auto-ordnance tommy gun serial number

jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
I read the sticky and auto-ordnance wasn't in there. I came across a receiver for a semi-auto tommy gun from auto-ordnance Model M1. It has a 3 digit serial number. Does anyone know of a link to look up the date of manufacture?

Comments

• Options
    flyeroneflyerone Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it a West Hurley or a Kahr receiver? Years ago I had a West Hurley Auto Ordnance Thompson and I got the date of manufacture via email from the manufacturer, Numrich, at www.gunpartscorp.com
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on contacting customer service...
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Auto-Ordnance "convience store gun" (serial number 711) was manufactured in 1976, if that helps.
  • Options
    jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Thanks all for the replies. It is a West Hurley model. I'll try contacting customer service. I found a listing of serial numbers but it created more questions than answered. My receiver is an aluminum light weight model but the serial number is way outside of the serial number range for the listed LW models. Thanks again.