In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

most reliable

rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
what is the most reliable pistol you have had

Comments

• rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what pistol do u think is the most reliable of all of them
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt, Cadet/.22. Combination of heavy striker and striker spring. Fired everything, even Remington Golden bullets which choked in other pistols.

Got rid of it, though. Piss poor design, unbalanced weight. Because of the heavy bull barreled stainless upper. And very light plastic receiver. Magazine release was also a joke. No fence around it. Every time you hit something with the mag release, the mag fell out.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    CZ 52. Can't say it is my most accurate or favorite, but I can't recall it ever jamming. Thanks to the roller action and bottlenecked cartridge, it will feed anything from full wadcutters to standard FMJ round noses. Also worth mention, Remington 51 (original) and German Ortgies. Can't recall them jamming either, but I haven't run as many bullet types.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    A .30 Tokarev (TT-33)and a .30 Luger, for the same reason Jonk mentioned about being bottlenecked. I've never owned a .357 Sig, but if I was in the market for a new style pistol, that would be my pick
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sig P226 9mm. About 11K rounds, only jammed once...when I put a .380 round in the ammo can and loaded it into the mag. It fired, just didn't cycle.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Springfield 1911 V-16 longslide & Ruger 1911.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Glocks, 27,23,35.
  • spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ75 and CZ75b never failed tens of thousands of commercial and reloads (90 thru 147 grain loads, various powder types, made up #9 snake loads, etc.). Always functioned and accurate if I did my part.
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt 1911 (1918 date of manufacture). It goes bang every time and is surprisingly accurate for me.
    2nd choice would be the Swedish Lahti Model 1940 I have. It's amazingly accurate and robust, and it feels great in the hand.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger superblackhawk 44 mag 50 rounds bwahahahahahahahahahahah my 1st pistol
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    The most reliable pistol that I've fired wasn't a pistol- but it was a handgun: S&W Model 66.
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Ruger Speed Six, it has no problem digesting everything from light 38Spl to 357 Mags that are not fun to shoot, I shoot over 1000 rds per year out of it and I have had it for over 20 years without a single issue