In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Crowe

wise dogwise dog Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have an opportunity to make an offer on a beautiful custom rifle. It is built on a Mauser action & is chambered in 8mm Rem Mag (stamped on the barrel) The stock is 1950's/1960's style; pronounced pistol grip, Monte Carlo cheek rest, different wood on for end tip, etc. It is California Mesquite with fancy checkering, inlays & details. The quality of the workmanship & materials used is top notch & it is a real beauty. The receiver is stamped CROWE. The seller has a copy of an ad from an unknown magazine article for Crowe Custom Guns 25176 Gould St. San Bernardino, CA showing a similar rifle in 7mm. I have been unable to find anything about this rifle builder. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 8mm Rem mag, dates to the late 1970's. Not likely the rifle was rechambered. As the the 8mm Rem mag. is belted and has a very long OAL for a modern cartridge.

If all else fails. Contact the local libraries and gunsmiths, sporting goods stores/gun shops. In San Berdo, for information on Crowe. Likely if nothing is found? He was just a hobby/part time gunsmith working out of his garage.