In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1873 winchester set trigger

64 tek64 tek Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
At about what serial number was early fly on the set trigger changed to the later center plate hammer fly on the 1873 Winchester?

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know the answer to that question, but I know somebody who might.
  • Options
    64 tek64 tek Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    I do not know the answer to that question, but I know somebody who might.

Thanks Bert, This question came about because I've been collecting 73's for over 30 years and I have quite a large collection. I was asked this because it was believed I would know the answer which I should have known. In my collection set triggers are much more common on 73's than what is stated in the Gordon or Madis books. My answer could only fall within 100,000 or about 3 years. The first fly of the latter type I have is 202520 and I feel quite sure it's original. I have an early fly on 145665 which I also feel is original. I found an early fly on 304276 but on 315307 I found the late fly again. This is a problem to me because I don't believe Winchester would have used an early fly after the late fly was introduced because I would think this to be a major improvement. Please help if you can. Thanks, Tom