In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Carl Gustav M-96

Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone ever seen a M-96 with a bent bolt from the factory? My brother just bought one this weekend and it has us stumped, all numbers match, 1910 receiver date, but the bend on the bolt looks to be factory done. It was my understanding that only the Sniper variants had bent bolts, but the rifle does not have the holes for the scope mount on the left side of the receiver. Is this a early Sniper that didn't get a scope? Is this one of the Husky refinished guns that somehow still retains all military markings? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    I collect Swedes and have never seen a 96 with a bent bolt...certainly didn't leave the factory like that. Would like to see some photos to give a final opinion. I have seen gunsmiths do wonderful things over the years! They are fine rifles that make great shooters.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have never seen a factory M-96 with a bent bolt. Other variants yes. Possible that they force matched a bolt at a later date I suppose, but I would still bet on a gunsmith's work. A really good gunsmith can do something that looks at least as good as factory.