In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR10 trigger

shutinarobertsshutinaroberts Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
I am wanting a better trigger for my DPMS AR10.

The factory trigger leaves a lot to be desired.

I have looked at the Timney, Geissele and Jard.

I bought a Jard for my AR15 and was less than overwhelmed with the creep. I am looking for a trigger in the 150.00-250.00 range but thought maybe an experts help would be in order.

Can the factory be enhanced/reworked/tuned to be in the 3.0-4.0 range with any reliabilty or is it just luck to get one right?

The rifle will be used for hunting pigs, deer and maybe the odd coyote if opportunity arises.

I am not looking for a 1000 yard/meter target rifle.

Please do not hijack my thread with saying things like a DPMS is junk and the only real rifle out there is a "XXXXXXXXXXXXX"

Thanks in advance for the input and I look forward to some valuable feedback.

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm very satisfied with the ALG triggers I've installed. Between myself, Son and Son-in-Law, we have at least 7 or 8 of these-mostly the QMS model. The trigger pull is not light but very smooth making it much easier to shoot well and much less chance of bumpfire or doubling.
    Son and SIL have spent the extra for the ACT model but I can't really see much difference.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried the JARD, and did not care for it either. What I do like is the Timney, although, it does not have the standard trigger and hammer pin retention. It uses two set screws, one on each side to put pressure on the pins to keep them from walking. I just went and installed an anti-walk trigger/hammer pin kit, and was done with that. The trigger is crisp, and it did increase my accuracy.

I guess there are a couple better, especially in the two stage arena, but I will pass on those. I do like the Timney.

Best
  • Options
    donut77donutdonut77donut Member Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Geissele SSA-E is sweet!
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW I use a plain old Rock River Arms 2 stage - costs about $90.00. I have them on 4 or 5 AR 15s and 2 AR 10s, they work fine and give a good, consistent pull.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Geisselle triggers on my AR's in 5.56 and 7.62 and they have been great.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    FWIW I use a plain old Rock River Arms 2 stage - costs about $90.00. I have them on 4 or 5 AR 15s and 2 AR 10s, they work fine and give a good, consistent pull.

I'll second this, I have several of them also and one is in my DPMS LR-308 ... I also have a KAC Stoner SR-25 that I bought used, it came with a Geisselle in it which is also very nice but 2-3 times the $$$.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.