In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stock Identification and Information?

Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
edited April 2014 in Ask the Experts
Fella's:

I need some help identifying this stock I rescued from a dark, dusty corner corner of a local military surplus store.

Some data:

- overall length is approximately 32"
- looks like it was sold as a semi-finished stock
- action inlet is approximately 8.5-9"
- buttplate manufacturer marking reads "BISHOP"

A quick search provided the following information: "Bishop was located in Warsaw Mo. and sold semi-finished wood from the 40's 50's and 60's and 70's and finished up in the 80's they sold fine blanks in about any grade you would want and as best as I remember Reinhart Fajen worked for Bishop before he started his own company, a stock from either company if finish inleted by the owner could be the equal of any factory stock if the finisher has some skill"

This is the time to display your firearms knowledge by helping get this old * the road to recovery and rebuild!

Thanks,

NS

IMG_1822_zps136225f4.jpgIMG_1823_zps581e1946.jpg

IMG_1824_zpscd937021.jpgIMG_1825_zps0734a958.jpg

IMG_1826_zpsad1f3d4c.jpgIMG_1827_zpse66fc217.jpg

Comments

• Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is for a U. S. Model 1917 Enfield .30/06, that has had the trigger guard/floor plate piece straightened.
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by richarda
    It is for a U. S. Model 1917 Enfield .30/06, that has had the trigger guard/floor plate piece straightened.
    Thanks Richarda.... much appreciated.

Another mystery solved.

NS