In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

auction side question

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
When going thru my monthly billing info does the "final value fee" include the listing fee also? I'm assuming it does but was just checking. Thanks.

Todd

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Have a gun currently listed and the current high bidder emailed support and decided that he wants to back out on his bid and they told him to contact me, which is fine with me. So without contacting support if I just blocked the bidder that would work? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    On the other side there is a category for "staff picks". Who picks what goes there, if anyone, or can someone just list something there? I see the only thing listed there is a piece of mining equipment. Sorry in advance for any typo's or misused nomenclature........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, and auction side question, but I cannot find a spot there to ask my question.

I have begun using the 'view items since last visit' option.
    When I log-out I usually say 'loggout and delete saved login info".
    I ASSUMED that the "saved login information" was the remember me type password deal, which I NEVER do.

Am I killing off my viewing history ? It would sure be nice to be able to see JUST new arrivals in my category of interest.

THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK

EDIT AFTER NONON's POST.
    I actually thought I HAD tested it out, but user error wouldn't surprize me. I'll test it again. Since you say it does work correctly, I'll probably find that out.....and have no reason for a support question.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe there is a listing fee????
    JIM..........
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    If it sold then the final fees should cover any incidental fees when you listed it: View counter, showcase or featured listings, thumbnail images (I can't imagine not using that feature), bold type, highlights, time delay for starting the auction (I use that one often), ect.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what are the listing fees when an item is listed?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    There is no charge to list an item on Gun Broker but if you want to use any of the extra features that I listed, as well as others, there are charges involved. Twenty five cents to add a thumbnail photo to your listing is money well spent.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's confusing to me is that when I view my monthly statement it shows listing fees and final value fees. For example my current statement shows a listing fee of $1.50 on 2/7 for item #392467994 and a final value fee for same item on 2/16 for $21.28. So I'm wondering if the final fee includes the listing fee also?

For this item it is not a big deal since it sold on the first go around and is the same auction number for both the listing and selling (also on the same statement period). I'm asking because I've listed some guns that have not sold on the first go around and everytime they are relisted they get a new auction number. So I was curious as to whether everytime they are relisted do I get a small ($.50-$1.50 or so)fee each time. If I'm to confusing just poof the post. Thanks.

Todd
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67I'm asking because I've listed some guns that have not sold on the first go around and everytime they are relisted they get a new auction number. So I was curious as to whether everytime they are relisted do I get a small ($.50-$1.50 or so)fee each time.

No, the fees you may incur when listing (by choosing certain options) are not re-charged at each relist. You will only have the "final value" fee when your item sells. The relists (assuming you don't add features to your listing that cost more when relisting) are free until the item sells.