In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 700

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 700 sps tactical chambered in .308. Does anyone make a detachable magazind system for ths and any comments on the quality. Thanks

Comments

• 338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was at a gun shop today and was looking at a remington 700. It was a BDL in 270. It was totally parkerized and appeared to have a mcmillan (or similiar) stock with a cheek piece. Was this a special model or is it just customized aftermarket. What would you think is a good price for this given it is in decent condition.(handling marks but no rust or damage)I have not seen a gun like this before.

Any info would be great

Thanks
    John
    edited November -1
    I know that this has been hashed over a few times, but how do you remove the finish from the remington 700 stocks? If cracked they get water under the finish, and that will lift some of it. Maybe a torch.? Carb. cleaner? Any in put welcome. Thanks in advance.
    edited November -1
    Are there any differences is quality in an older 700 compared to a newer one?
    edited November -1
    I've got a remington 700 in 300 win mag, and for some reason it is harder than heck to eject the shells out of it! You literally have to yank as hard as possible on the bolt before it finally gives. I clean every inch of my gun every time it's shot, and I lubricate it lightly. Can anyone give me a hand here? The gun is in probably 95% condition. Thanks guys.

john kerry, out to prove he's got nothing to prove.
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of getting rid of my 280 Remington in a Model 700 Remington. It is stamped as a 7mm Express and have read that this marking is somewhat rare. The gun is in nice shape and was just wondering an approx. value.
    Thanks
    edited November -1
    Hi; I was just looking on Gunbroker, and there seems to be a lot of Remington 700's for sale on it. Are they good? Or is there a reason for them being for sale? I want to get one, but now I am a little hesitant. Thank you in advance, Mike
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 700 in 222 Rem. Going by the barrel code it was made in 1962. The unusual thing about it is it has a 20 inch barrel. My question is how long did they make the 20 inch barrel before going to a 22-24 inch barrel, and are the shorter barrel guns worth collecting?
    edited November -1
    I have heard that Remington 700's had "better" production years than others (similar to the famed pre-64 Winchester) but have never heard which years were better.
    edited November -1
    I have a Remington 700 300win mag and i want to convert it to a detached magazine and also i want to install a muzzle break on it. Who can do this for me and how much?
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know if the Remington 700 BDL wood stock is of the same contour/size as the Remington 700 Varmint Special rifle wood stock of the 80's? I need to know since i want to put a heavy barrel on my 700 BDL 30-06 similar in contour to the heavy barrel on the old 700 varmint special but i need to know if the stocks are the same size to allow for a heavy barrel on my rifle...?
    edited November -1
    Haye guys I was looking at whether purchasing a Remington Sendero in 300 mag or a 700 police in 300 for medium to long range elk hunting is there much of a difference between the two? and is either one more accurate than the other and in your opinion which would you go get for function and accuracy appreciate your help
    edited November -1
    what is the difference between the remington 700 adl, bdl, and cdl models?
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I have a qustion, I have a Remington 700 Sendero with the Kevlar stock and a heavy barrell. The gun has had the bore broke in and that is all. With this gun I have about 300 rounds of Winchester ballistic silvertip ammo and dyes and a caliber conversion kit for the Dillon 550. I am wanting to sell this rifle and get a Remington 700 22-250 with a stainless fluted barrell. Do you guys think I should put the rifle on auction and if so what should I ask for it. Should I sell everything as a whole?? Then what should I ask?? Thanks for the help. Oh yeah if I get a 22-250 what should I look for for accuracy out of the box. I assume the stainless flutted whould be a good choice. A guy told me that lighter barrell is more accurate, is this true and why?? Thanks again, you guys are great.

New gun??? No, honey, I've had it for years.
    edited November -1
    Are all 700 actions created equal. Is the action on a ADL the same as on a sendero
    edited November -1
    I need a spring and magazine follower for a Remington 700, 243 caliber. Can anybody help me????
    edited November -1
    I would like to know the approximate value of a REMINGTON 700 chambered in 30-06. It has a scope on it, not sure about size. The gun is blued with a walnut stock. The model number is 6318264. Also I need to know approximate age if possible. THANK YOU
    edited November -1
    If some of you remember I asked you about my wife's 700 sps varmit rife about putting a new barrel on it.
    Well I took it to a gunsmith who was a acredited Remington smith.
    Come to find out that the barrel threads where not concentric to the chamber,the lands and grooves where not even all the way around and the chamber was barrel shaped.
    It took some time but he put to where she can shoot half MOA at 200 yards.
    So this will be the last Remington I will buy her.
    edited November -1
    Is there a difference between the magazine spring for a Rem. 700 long action ADL and one for long action BDL ? I need a spring and see them listed on our host GunBroker but don't know if they are different. Any info is appreciated. Terrill
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they are a little different. The ADL is blind box and the BDL the spring fit into the groves on the magazine cap. part 34

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Remington-33454/Rifles-37895/700-39555/PartsList-34251.htm?results=All
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie is right.
    edited November -1
    Info is appreciated and now I know.
    Terrill
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.remington.com