In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BENELLI 12ga.

BallisticBallistic Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Have a Benelli 121M1?? 12ga. 20" bbl. sling swivels, semi-auto 7 shot tube 1 in chamber with wood furniture. Where can I get a synthetic stock with or without pistol grip? Will check at lunch time if the above # is the SN or the model #.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ballistic...... It sounds like you have one of the very early versions of the M-1 super 90 if it came with wood furniture.

If they are compatable, then you should be able to use a super 90 stock and forearm. Actually, I think they look better with the wood.

If you look on this and other auctions, you might have luck finding a synthetic stock. Just make sure it will fit your gun before you buy.

On another note, the current super 90's will hold 9 rounds total. 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 on the carrier. Iam not sure if your gun can do this, but you can try it.
    First, with the safety on, cock the action and let it close. Load the mag tube with 7 shells, then pull the bolt back far enough to manually put a shell in the chamber, then place one on the carrier and push it down so the bolt can close over it.
    We use this method in competition for a little added edge at the beginning of each stage.
  • Options
    BallisticBallistic Member Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info Laredo Lefty. I will try the loading technique you described. More info on the Benelli, on the barrel it says 12ga. CAM 70. (I guess that means Model 70?)on the right side of the action it's stamped 121M1, the SN is 2222XX. It's a fine shooting gun. The wood furniture does look good. Synthetic gives a little more threatening look.
  • Options
    mulletguter53mulletguter53 Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 121M1 it will not hold one on the carrier . Mine kicked like a mule . Had it ported and recoil pad installed . Shoots like a dream . Leave the wood