In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

marlin original golden 39A

mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
FOUND A marlin original golden 39A .22 lever action 85-90% for 260.00 is it worth it?
thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    There was a previous post about this. How do you identify one? I may have inherited one. What's it worth?
  • Options
    MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What does it say on the gun? Serial, wood condition, metal, rust pitting, Gold Trigger? Octagon or round bbl? Lever action, right?

You can look at closed auctions, but $375-425 is a probable range.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Value depends on what u have and condition. Is it a Marlin 39, a 39A, a 39A Golden, etc. Post here all markings on gun, pics, we'll do what we can. PS. ALL of the Marlin 39s are quality arms that your GRANDKIDS will still be shooting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I'll reply later. The rifle is at home and I am currently with the family on Beech Mt, NC.

(Added later):

Yes, it's a round barrel .22 lever gun. The rifle has "MARLIN GOLDEN 39A"and MICRO-GROOVE BARREL" on the barrel. Wood is in excellent shape. Bluing is 98%, no scratches. It has a Sears Ted Williams 4X scope on it. The sling is leather, a copy of a military one, and I need to do something to stop the mold that is just starting on it. Probably a good thing I looked.

Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was given a used one, but in xlent shape, about 40 years ago. I'm still shooting it. I've given one to my sons, and every nephew on their birthday (of parental consent). A perfect long lasting 'heirloom' rifle.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Trader's Guide shows Golden 39A Excellent as $276- but I beleive that is a VERY low price. Go to the auction side of gunbroker, search for closed, past 90 days, Marlin 39A, and see what they have sold for. The 39 is MUCH higher in value than the 39A, so be sure you are looking at 39A's.