In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rifle with Elite 3200 4-12x 40 AO Scope(pic added)

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I saw a bolt action rifle for sale today with a 4-12x40 AO Bushnell Elite 3200 scope for $299. The rifle is a Wards model that converts to a Mossberg 810AH 30-06. The rifle is in about 90% or better condition and the scope near 99%. If the rifle is worth $150, that would mean I'd have about $150 in the scope. What is this scope worth and is the rifle decent at all? How's the Bushnell warranty and will they honor it for secondary buyers? Thanks for any advice. I've never owned an Elite 3200 before.

Comments

• Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cabela's catolog list a 4x12x40 AO 3200 for $309. We have a couple of 3200's in the family. Good scopes for the money and the Rainguard coating is priceless on a rainy/foggy day. The rainguard coating is the only reason we have them, if the American companies sold a comparable coating I would buy it (if they do plesae let me know). You can always 100% of the time see to shoot through these, we found this out on a rainy bear hunt in Canada. If the rifle is worth $150, to you, buy the outfit, bushnell does stand behind the elite series scopes, and optics aren't bad for the money. For the price you can use this outfit in any conditions you run across and not worry about it.

Good luck........Scout
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the rifle and scope. I bought them today. The 3200 is going on a M70 and a vintage Weaver will find a home on the Mossberg.
    0001abc011.jpg
    0001abc010.jpg
    0001abc018.jpg
  • Options
    rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd say you got a good deal. Basically bought a scope and got a free gun.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good, enjoy.......Scout
  • Options
    Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow...Now and so often one of us truely falls into a deal that is just too good to walk on.
    This was truely one of them.

I own a Mossberg 810 and although they are no Remington 700 or Winchester 70 they are good old solid American made rifles of yesterday.
    Mine is very accurate and has killed many a Texas Whitetail buck.
    Congratulations on a smoking deal!!