In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Kimel Kamper

leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
This shotgun has an 18.5" barrel & what looks like a homemade pistol grip stock.It's single shot in 2.75" 20ga only.Left side of the barrel is stamped Savage Arms KIMEL KAMPER MODEL KK1,Top of the barrel is stamped DO NOT FIRE FROM SHOULDER. When were these guns made? Did they come with a pistol grip stock or a regular stock? Where can I get a picture of one?

Comments

• Options
    beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Kimel camper was made early in the 1980's. I saw several of these as I worked for a wholesale sporting goods company. They had a pistol grip only and I never saw one with a butt stock. Yes, they looked like someone had made the pistol grip in thier shop, but they looked solid.
  • Options
    PoooolPooool Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the same gun, mine has a 2/3 stock butt and a place that opens and holds two shells.
    I have never seen these before. Any idea what it's worth?
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gents,

I think the Kimel Kamper was sold by various U.S. manufacturers & importers. I believe it was made by a foreign company (from Italy, maybe). I have seen pictures of them with either a pistol grip, or a 2/3-size buttstock. I have seen one picture, of a pistol-gripped model, that shows the Kamper as a folding shotgun. The picures make the stocks & grips look like inexpensive plastic.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    There was another post about one of these a few weeks ago. You might do a search for it. Go to, www.{elsewhere}/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7932265. There are pictures there. Email me at rclink@yahoo.com, as you need to know what GB won't let me put where it says{elsewhere}.