In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 88 .358

hidebuyerhidebuyer Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Since the Model 88 .358 has became so popular with the 88 collectors
they have been popping up on GB for sale. I have to wonder if they may be putting .358 barrels on the .308 and selling them for .358's. I have suspicioned this for some time now. Today there is a 3 digit number Model 88 in the .358 which would be a first year production and they didn't make a .358 the first year.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at his feedback and one person has won almost 1/2 of his items sold and all 3 at a time yet he has 100% feed-back I would call him and talk to him in person. I don't want to start anything but either he is the owner of a large % of all 88 in 358 ever made or he bought all barrels from winchester stocks and is making up a number of rifles .I would ask him if you get a letter from CODY and the rifle shows shipped in different caliber if he would give you your money back.
  • Options
    220combat220combat Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I actually asked the seller this question earlier and have not gotten a response yet.
  • Options
    220combat220combat Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do not know the history of this gun, it may have a different barrel or receiver.

Heidi

Heidi Rodeheaver
    Woodlands World
    27 West Main Street
    Uniontown, Pa. 15401
    (724)439-3969
    1-866-472-6969
    www.woodlandsworld.com

This was the return message I got today. The seller is a large retailer for sporting goods in PA.