In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

russian tiger rifle

alj1967alj1967 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a B west imported, never fired, new condition tiger rifle. I was hoping that someone could give me an idea of what it is worth. any help would be great. thanks

Comments

• Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Are you able to post pictures?
  • Options
    Duke HoggeDuke Hogge Member Posts: 163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see ended actions show new old stock in the 2500 range accessorized with 2 scopes 2700 used 1800-2200 usually a reasonable indicator ........on the other hand the truth is they are worthless so just send it to me and I'll take care of it :)
  • Options
    alj1967alj1967 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No i dont have pic abilities, sorry.
    Its a new rifle. my best freind bought the thing back in the 90s, and stuck it in his gun safe, and never fired it. I have the scope, carrying case, 2 mags, and he said he's got the rest of the stuff that came with it new. but has to dig it out after his recent move. Which is how i aquirred it. By helping him move. I'd really like to take it out and shoot it, but i think i'd better wait and see what the thing is worth. What actually amazed me is that it actually has a pretty clean trigger in it. Smooth aside from the amount of travel, its got to be a nice shooter. But thats what its all about. HUH?
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Here is an example of the rifle on the other side.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=107912262

The gun you have is chambered in 7.62x54R. The russians have developed a special round for it, 7n1 which is somewhat rare. It will shoot the standard 54R, just will do better with the match 7n1.

That was a pretty good pay day for helpin your buddy move.[8D]