In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1895

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
What is the date of manufacture of a Winchester 1895 with a serial #424699?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    the same seller has a very nice 1895 what markings should i look for to figure out its worth?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hello,
    I have been lurking your forum for some time and finely got the courage to register and have a question on one of my Winchester rifles as to it's value.

I had purchased all my rifles between the ages of 15 and 19 then got married had children and the collection came to a halt and now at the age of 71 I am thinking maybe to sell them.

This is a Winchester 1895 30 us the ser# is very low if need be I can get it out and check it. I have attached a pic.
    http://www.wrw1.com/scan0001.jpg
    http://www.wrw1.com/scan.jpg
    Thanks Bill.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can I shoot of the shelf 30.06 ammo through my 1895? Say remmington green box, or regular Federal, etc. It's a take down model and old.Serial number is 78xxx, on the barrel is .30 gov't.06.
    Do you have any idea of value/ rarity. Thanks, for your help in advance, John. I'll try to post some pictures.
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anybody know when the NEW Win. 1895 in .405 will be available and who has em in stock?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    win95-1.jpgwin95-3.jpgwin95-2.jpg I recently picked up this 1895 Winchester in northern Maine. It is in 30-40 krag and appears to be all original. Any clue as to how odd this gun is and what is it worth ? Emery
  • Options
    David KennedyDavid Kennedy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    April 23, 1931

This date is based on an entry in the Winchester Model 1895 Serialization Record (you'll hear Bert or I refer to this as the Polishing Room Book).

By the way, the final serial for this model (425881) was serialized on 12/12/1933

Dave K
  • Options
    edited November -1