In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911A1 7rd mag

carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have one that I beleive is nickel(heavy), the only marking on it is -R . Does anyone have an idea who the manufacturer is, it is in a Colt .45 that has been nickled and tricked out with small gold parts, so it may be a custom job?
Kentucky born and raised!

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello It sound like when the pistol[V] was tricked out the magazine was refinished at the same time[V]the R most likely stands for Risdon Mfg.Co. Naugatuck Conn.Sorry to say but on the collector market for Military Fire-Arms it is now worth 50% or less of what it would be worth if original finish[:0]

EDIT if you bought it for a shooter[:D][:D][:D][:p][:p] Great shoot and enjoy.
  • Options
    carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, exactly what I wanted, I guess the GB email system is still down,I appreciate the response!!

P.S. I bought it for a shooter, an army officer was given this as a gift,said he was pissed, now I know why,but it still goes bang.
    Kentucky born and raised!