In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mystery solved.....Winchester 21 deluxe

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
Some of you will remember when I asked about this 21 deluxe that didnt say anything about being a deluxe in the cody letter, well now that cody is offering the original order information as part of the letter (for $25) my question has been answered, it is an original deluxe. Here is the gun with all the letters...thanks again for your help Bert, Dave.
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0530.jpg
IMG_0528.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg

Comments

• Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Cartod: Just goes to show you that "one piece of info" may or may not include everything one needs. This case the 2 pieces put together, are to hard to "disprove".

too bad you don't have the box!!

Good job!

Regards Dave
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is great news. I was aware of the additional information in the archives, and was able to see a glimpse of it last June during my annual research trip to Cody.

Amazingly, some people out there will still complain that the Cody Research Department is over-priced, and out to rip people off. Personally, I have nothing but the utmost respect for David Kennedy, and his research department crew, Jessica {Jesi}, Connie, and long time volunteer John Hawk. The efforts they have made to make previously unknown information available to we the collectors, has been superb[^].
  • Options
    David KennedyDavid Kennedy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert - thanks for the nod.

If anyone does have a complaint or hears of a complaint regarding the Records Office or our services, please forward concerns to me - If there is a problem and we don't know about it, we can't fix it.

Dave K.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How could anyone in their right mind complain about paying $25 for a letter that validates as original a firearm that is worth thousands of dollars!

cartod, I'm glad you received validation on that nice Model 21! [^]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    How could anyone in their right mind complain about paying $25 for a letter that validates as original a firearm that is worth thousands of dollars!

cartod, I'm glad you received validation on that nice Model 21! [^]
    that was my thought too. thanks colts.