In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

j.stevens serial no.

clocksclocks Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
looking for a production date for a tip up 22 long rifle w/ detachable stock. blue brl. chrome or nickel frame and stock s/n 84xxx . top of brl. marked J.Stevens A&T Chicopee Falls Mass.U.S.A ---Anybody have a clue? thanks in advance.
Whoops s/n actually 34xxx

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the marking you described it was made between 1886 and 1916. Stevens called these pistols with shoulder stocks, "Pocket Rifles". Get a hold of a copy of "Flayderman's Guide", it's the basic reference for collectors of antique American firearms. As Stevens made many different models you might be able to identify yours through the pictures and information in this book.
  • Options
    clocksclocks Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe-Snow

Thanks for the info I have several books including Blue Book and Gun Traders but none have very good info on Stevens. I forgot about Fladermans I'll get a current copy now. I ask the question to see if it had to go to a FFL holder when I sell it. Thanks again
    Leon