In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Glock 19 slide. 3 or $400?? Really??

akreedakreed Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
I've been on gunbroker for a couple years but this is my first question. I have a glock 23 and get mixed reviews about the 9mm conversion barrels. If you can shed some light on this subject I would be greatful. But my real question is why on earth would people pay 3 or 4 hundred dollars for a used glock 19 slide and why are they so expensive? Why not get the whole gun? I see used glocks of all models go for less than that less than that everyday? Help me Obi Wan

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 9mm Lone Wolf conversion barrel for a G 27. Although it's fairly reliable using G 26 mags, it will jam every once in awhile. It seems that blunt nose hollow points are the ones it chokes on.

If you buy one of the 9mm conversion barrels for the G 23, I would only use it for practice and plinking with relatively inexpensive white box FMJ ammo.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a ton of Glock 19 frames for sale on the auction side.
    Glock 19 Slide assemblies are more rare.

I was watching this auction for a Glock 19 slide assy. It sold for $465
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=259936869

I decided to buy this complete G19 instead:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=261063390

I posted a similar topic on another board here awhile back about converting 40sw Glocks to 9mm:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/116364_What_all_would_I_need_to_convert_a_40_cal_Glock_to_a_9mm_.html

This response seems to make the most sense:

"Just using a conversion barrel and 9mm mags will work for a range toy, and some people claim that only doing this results in their guns running 100%. That is not my experience. I've converted Gen3 G27s, G23s, and G22s to 9mm, and when only using a conversion barrel and 9mm mags they were probably 98% reliable. I'd consistently get several FTExtract or FTEject out of a case of ammo. When I changed the extractor and ejector to the proper 9mm versions, these guns all run 100%. In fact, I and two people close to me carry these converted Glocks every day.

Bottom line - conversion barrel and mags will get you a good range toy that **might** be OK for carry. I don't like the word **might** to be associated with my EDC, so I change the extractor and ejector."
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: When I changed the extractor and ejector to the proper 9mm versions, these guns all run 100%.

QUESTION?

When you replace the 40 caliber extractor and ejector with the 9mm ones. How does affect function with 40 S & W ammo?
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote: When I changed the extractor and ejector to the proper 9mm versions, these guns all run 100%.

QUESTION?

When you replace the 40 caliber extractor and ejector with the 9mm ones. How does affect function with 40 S & W ammo?

I would guess you can no longer shoot 40sw.