In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

id revolver

jackshousejackshouse Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
i have a unfinished revolver, given to my dad 20 years ago, the revolver is a 44cal, as marked on cylinder,it has the saying on the cylinder in a gold medallion "animus opibus que pariti", and there is another medallion on the other side, appearing to be a palm tree on a island.date April 16 1974,pat.no.3,803,747,conn.-jan,9,1788.
1 of 176, the revolver is some what etched on the frame, and cylinder, bu not the barrel. i would like to add pictures but are no sure how to do this on this forum. any help would be appreciated
thanks, jackshouse

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    That is the motto and the state seal of South Carolina. The revolver needs a photo for proper ID.
  • odenthevikingodentheviking Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this Pistol a copy of a Colt SAA? If so i would say this is a Virginian Dragoon, made by Interarms in Virginia. Interarms was a big Gun importer, but they did make a few guns...... one of them was the Virginian Dragoon, a copy of the Colt SAA but about 8-10% bigger to handle the 44 mag.round. They made a very few of a special run of "13 Original Colonies", South Carolina being one of them.
    I think this is what you have. There are always a dozen or two,( of the common style), on the auction side, see if yours looks like those. I have collected these pistols for years and thier quality can not be beat.