In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

posting photos

slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Tried the sticky. comes up in red dialog. click on to it and goes to photo bucked and photo comes up. How do I get photo to show up like everyone else's. Can find no way to get to url on photobucket.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I always have trouble posting my pix on Gunbroker, can someone give me a sure fire way to do it without me having to resort to trial and error everytime I post? Tonight for example I tried to post a pix of a really nice Colt, but GB would not accept it at 640x320 so I finally had to post it at 320X160 which is a lot smaller than I would like. But checking on some other pix sizes on the auction sit there were others at 640X320. Also the pix posted at 640 had 225555 bytes and mine posted at half that size had 5500 bytes. I wish GB would post a tutorial on this. I never have the same trouble on {elsewhere}.

SFGUY

ablev4403@aol.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do you post more than 4 photos?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    please help with posting some photos. I have tried everything i know.I can not find the sticky that says posting photos. Help!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good Morning All,
    Which of the photo hosting websites is the most user friendly? Thank you for your opinion.
    Thanks
    John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have used www.hunt101 for posting photos here for a long time. Now when I try to upload my photos to their site I get this message:

Unable to move file [/tmp/phpTw3S1p] [/home/hunt101/www/uploads//53687/DSCF1001.JPG]

I can't find any way to ask them about this message. Anyone know why my photos will not upload to their site or how I can contact them?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Go to your photo bucket album, select a photo and then go down to IMG Code, click on that and it will say copied. Come back here and click the little insert image button on the tool bar along the line where it says format and you will get two sets of brackets with img inside them. By pasting your IMG Code in between those two sets of brackets you will get a photo magically appearing in your thread.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    shows HTML code, not IMG code. right click and nothing. left click and copy shortcut works but not properly. I know I am missing something stupid simple here. Always have problems posting pictures because every ones website is different.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I am probably the last guy on this planet who should be giving instructions on this sort of thing but I had problems early on and someone helped me so I try to lend a hand. When I go to my Photobucket albums and put the little pointer on one of my photos I get four options: E-mail & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code and Image Code (which is the final/bottom option). If I go down to Image Code a little finger appears, I left click on it and it shows copied. I then come back here and paste it into the image brackets in my post.

That is how I do it.
  • Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    I am probably the last guy on this planet who should be giving instructions on this sort of thing but I had problems early on and someone helped me so I try to lend a hand. When I go to my Photobucket albums and put the little pointer on one of my photos I get four options: E-mail & IM, Direct Link, HTML Code and Image Code (which is the final/bottom option). If I go down to Image Code a little finger apepars and then I left click and it shows copied. I then come back here and paste it into the image brackets in my post.

That is how I do it.

Yep, I'm dumb as a post about computers, but, this is how it was explained to me, and it works.
    If you can't figure it out, let me know, we will hook up with a phone call, and I will walk you through it. It's easy once you do it a couple times.
    Email me with your phone # and a time to call, we'll get you going!

Here's a couple of some new (old), aftermarket grips I just got for a couple of my H$R Sportsman pieces.

tiger001.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There may be other ways to set up a Photobucket account and other options available for manipulating the photos in the albums. I have the most basic Photobucket account.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To get the image brackets in your post, click on the icon that looks like a postcard with a mountain on it, in the Format box at the top of your post.

When I go to my album in Photobucket, I left click on the box that says Direct Link. Then, I go back to my post, left click between the 2 brackets, then right click & paste.

Neal
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For some reason there is no Image Code on my photobucket. Any idea why? Have it set up to directly download my photos from cell phone to photobucket. Could that be the problem?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't have one either, I just copy the url and paste it on the GB image code
  • Options
    jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    slumlord,
    I just tried nmyers' method.
    It works, if you don't have an image code in your photobucket account, use his direct link method!

1955 Sportsman

chrome1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Their going to lock this thread after 10 posts so I reposted it in the General Discussion