In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 512 o/u

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 672 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
looking for experienced opinions on these shotguns.a friend is shopping for a new $500 o/u for his new shooter son. make-model suggestions other than savage 512 welcome.

Comments

• Options
    pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got one- Stevens 12 ga. o/u model 512 Golden Pheasant. Paid $535.00. Comes with 5 different chokes. Nice wood and fit and finish for a shotgun made in Turkey. Barrel selector switch and manual safety. But I haven't shot it yet. Waiting for Spring trap shooting at my club - SORRY [:(]
  • Options
    tone59tone59 Member Posts: 672 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you pirate for the info.does it have auto ejection?i would like to hear from anyone out there that has shot a savage 512.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    I had one come in for repair, a small screw fell out of the trigger assy. and several parts were turned loose. I called Sav. cust. service for a parts list and got "we don't have one" send the gun in. They sent a brand new shotgun for replacement (all for lack of a # 0x80, approx. screw). it did have auto ejectors and shot well.
  • Options
    pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IT will eject the shells about 3/4" and the you pull them out by hand.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    "IT will eject the shells about 3/4" and the you pull them out by hand." that should be "extract".........an ejector kicks the empties all the way out, the one I worked on 'ejected'