In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Citori 28ga Skeet Gun

redpeteredpete Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
I looking for an approximate value of a Browning Citori 28ga skeet gun.

I searched the auction side and could not find any comparable guns.

The reference book I looked at did not differentiate between a 12ga and other gauges. It put the value at 600-800 for a 12 ga.

The gun has fixed skeet chokes (no tubes) and is NOT an lightning.

The action is tight and the bluing is nice.

I don't have any pictures because it is a gun I am thinking about buying from a friend...

What is an approximate value for a gun like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I forgot to say that it is a grade I gun...
  • Options
    JustjumpJustjump Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Round here you can find them in the area of 900 to 1200. Mine is the of the english stock style. BTW I absolutely love mine, fast and light, a real quail crusher.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some early ones had the higher ramped rib, if that add 100
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The gun has 28" barrels and was made in 1982...any other estimates?
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it is in really good shape I would think that $1200 or so would be a fair price. The hard part about them is there is not to many that go up for sale to get a good price on them. FYI I recently purchased a used Citori XS with extra tubes and a hard case for $1800 and thought that I got a pretty good deal with a realistic price, not some dreamer who wanted new price for a used gun. I figured I paid $1600 or so for the gun so figure the difference in your skeet and the XS version and I think you would be close. IMO if you can get it for a good price get it, you will never regret it. IMO there are 2 types of 28 gauge shooters, those who own one and those who will when they shoot one. Good luck.

T67