In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auction for one or two items

Joes Custom GunsJoes Custom Guns Member Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Ask the Experts
Did I set this auction up correct?
I want the High Bidder to be able to buy one or both items then if
he dose not want both then the 2nd bidder can have the other one or it will be relisted.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=313719135

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It looks fine to me.
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is clear in your description, but I find a lot of people pay so much attention to the pictures -- and so little attention to the text -- that I try to show only what is for sale in the pictures. Listing each item individually, with photos of just each item individually, would help avoid confusion for "sloppy" shoppers.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    how would g.b. get it's 'cut' on the second barrel?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The same way as the First

quote:Originally posted by MIKE WISKEY
    how would g.b. get it's 'cut' on the second barrel?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know some either can not read or just don't (to lazy)

quote:Originally posted by competentone
    It is clear in your description, but I find a lot of people pay so much attention to the pictures -- and so little attention to the text -- that I try to show only what is for sale in the pictures. Listing each item individually, with photos of just each item individually, would help avoid confusion for "sloppy" shoppers.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sell a lot and I don't believe gunbroker has a way to get the second barrel to the runner up. You will not even be able to contact the runner up via gunbroker. IIRC the only way to sell multiple items is with a fixed price where you set the qty at 2 but they have to be identical. I think the only way to sell both will be a second auction after the first sells
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, but Spider said that it is Fine.

quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    I sell a lot and I don't believe gunbroker has a way to get the second barrel to the runner up. You will not even be able to contact the runner up via gunbroker. IIRC the only way to sell multiple items is with a fixed price where you set the qty at 2 but they have to be identical. I think the only way to sell both will be a second auction after the first sells
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joes Custom Guns
    Thank you, but Spider said that it is Fine.

Actually, golferboy426 is correct. Neither you nor the 2nd highest bidder will be able to contact each other once the auction ends. You'll only have contact info for the winner and vice versa.