In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sites Spectre 45acp

dcboyz4evadcboyz4eva Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hi I have a bnib sites spectre in 45acp with 30 round magazine. I was wondering if anyone has seen one well lately and for how much i think if like to sell mine before I get the itch to shoot it. Thanks

DSC_1104.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I seen one at a show, couple of years ago. Was still there when I left. Didn't impress me as being practical handgun, because of weight and size.

Because of this, don't have a clue as to current value. I would imagine it would be comparable in value to the various "assault pistols", on the market nowadays. That are built on AR & AK platforms.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    I seen one at a show, couple of years ago. Was still there when I left. Didn't impress me as being practical handgun, because of weight and size.

Because of this, don't have a clue as to current value. I would imagine it would be comparable in value to the various "assault pistols", on the market nowadays. That are built on AR & AK platforms.

None of these so called "assault pistols" are by themselves really practical firearms, IMO, including the cut-down versions of the AR and AK guns.

With a folding stock (or better yet, stock, vertical grip, and burst fire) you may have a viable submachine gun, and that's potentially useful. But absent at least a stock, what you've got is something functionally no different than a conventional handgun with extra-high cap magazine, only bulkier and heavier.

Interestingly, this particular gun actually WAS designed as a legit submachine gun to take a folding stock and vertical grip, though those accessories would be illegal to attach absent Federal paperwork and registration. Build quality here is high; this is a "real" gun not some junky gimmick gun like the Tec-9 or such. The company that makes these is defunct, and the number of them actually imported is low, so prices are fairly high.

To answer the question, a quick read of the 'completed sales' on the auction site here shows a number of legit bids for these pistols in the range of $680-$1500, depending on condition and accessories. 45 ACP guns are quite a bit rarer than 9mm, and might be expected to command a bit of a higher price.

I'd say for yours like new in box with one magazine a reasonable asking price of would be $900-1000.

Extra mags or other accessories could potentially increase the value quite a bit; these things can't be all that common and are no longer in production. I'd imagine the quadruple stack "casket" magazines probably command a nice price all by themselves.

313px-Evers_M4_SMG_mag.svg.png