In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Underwood Carbine

RottyManRottyMan Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hello to all.

I am looking for information on Underwood M1 Carbines that are in the E-XXX serial number range. Does any one have any input as to their history? The only thing I have been able to determine is that there were only 500 manufactured and they were considered experimental.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not familiar with the Underwoods you describe. We are more familiar with the receivers with letter codes T, W, B, & S.

I think we know most about the special serial number Inlands, a few of which were experimental. Most were engineering tests or used for presentations. The War Department never paid for these, & they would not have the ordnance acceptance markings.

Other manufacturers also had special carbines, but little is known about them:
    M1carbine-Winpresentation_zpsc1595c84.jpg

Photos of your gun might help us.

Neal
  • RottyManRottyMan Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. I struggled a bit with getting the photo attached, but here it is. I have more if needed.

OooopS! I try for a larger photo soon.

[img][/img]2720.JPG
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RottyMan
    Thanks for the response. I struggled a bit with getting the photo attached, but here it is. I have more if needed.

OooopS! I try for a larger photo soon.

[img][/img]2720.JPG

Here ya go...

2720.JPG