In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR15part.com

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
I was just looking around on the auction side, and see there is a company called AR15part.com, that has several upper receiver assemblies for sale.

Has anyone here had any experience with them, good or bad? Who are they? Any input would be appreciated, as I know several folks who are looking for upper's at a decent price. I also know the adage, of you get what you pay for, that is why I am a bit leery of putting their names out to friends.

Best

EDIT 1

Thanks, fella's. That is what I was kinda thinking too. I have a brandy spankin DPMS complete lower, with the A2 fixed stock. I believe I will marry that to a DPMS Oracle upper, and fit it with a Trijicon, or GOOD holographic site. Nice lite weight, and good out to a couple hundred yards. Not a heavy fire/lots of rounds type rifle, just a pick up truck companion.
Thanks!

You all have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. To all of our veterans, Thank you for making this post possible!

TSR1965

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    I was just looking around on the auction side, and see there is a company called AR15part.com, that has several upper receiver assemblies for sale.

Has anyone here had any experience with them, good or bad? Who are they? Any input would be appreciated, as I know several folks who are looking for upper's at a decent price. I also know the adage, of you get what you pay for, that is why I am a bit leery of putting their names out to friends.

Best

I've never heard of them until your post. I'm looking to assemble an upper as well but in 6.8 Remington. I want a lighter profile barrel then the one I have now. I checked out their website and I too would be leery. The please excuse us part pretty much sealed my opinion on them for now at least. They don't seem to have much in stock as of this time. I'd wait a while yet and give them some time to mature or see where their at 6 months from now.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965

Best

I had good luck with this outfit, 3 years ago. When I was building a retro commercial Colt. Based on a first generation AR 15, that I owned years ago.

Last year during the height of the panic, after the Sandy Hook tragedy. I ran across some really scally homebuilt AR's with questionable parts. I would steer clear of any cheap bargain basement parts, because of this.

http://www.surplusammo.com/categories/AR%2d15-Parts/?sort=featured&page=1
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Different seller but I bought what sold to me as a Bushmaster complete upper on the auction side a year or 2 ago while overseas. The only thing Bushmaster about the upper I received was the barrel. The rest was mix-matched parts. The worst of which was the bottom portion of the bolt assembly was cut too deeply causing it to ride too closely on the hammer causing failures to feed.

Buyer beware but any complete upper I buy from now on will be from a known source - manufacturer of distributor. At least buying from there I have some recourse it it turns out to be a hunk of junk.

Bought a complete upper (minus bolt carrier assembly) recently from:
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/

Used a WMD Nib-X bolt carrier assembly.

It works.
  • JeffreyD103JeffreyD103 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Palmetto State Armory.

A single caution; Avoid PTAC components. Otherwise, satisfaction guaranteed.