In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin m1 carbine barrel

weldman2000weldman2000 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
I have a Marlin m1 carbine barrel and haven't a clue what it's worth. NOS, never installed. Anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marlin made only replacement barrels for the M1 carbine, so someone restoring an original carbine would not likely be interested. A new production Criterion barrel for a "shooter" can be readily found for $130; some folks might pay a little more for a USGI barrel. My SWAG is that it would bring $200-250 on the GunBroker auctions.

Photos would be needed to sell any barrel. Most USGI carbine barrels offered for sale are worn, damaged, or shortened. I can't remember the last time that I saw a NOS barrel offered that really was NOS.

Neal
  • Options
    weldman2000weldman2000 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your time
  • Options
    sschradsschrad Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marlin did make barrels for National Postal Meter carbines and they are usually undated and have no "Flaming Bomb" on them. As far as the price
    I don't know, I have never seen a NOS one. They usually just say MARLIN on them underneath the barrel just behind the front sight.