In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

oiling a ruger lcp

rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
where should I put oil on my ruger 380 lcp??

Comments

• Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put a touch on the slide rails and the rails on the frame, the exterior of the barrel, the recoil spring guide and the cut-out that under the barrel where the takedown pin fits. It is a machine and it will not work without some oil to keep things running.. just don't overdo it.

You can also put an occasional drop on the fire control areas when the slide is off, then wipe off the excess. Then I wipe the exterior and the mags with a lightly oiled cloth to prevent rust and holster it. (I use an unoiled rag to wipe the insides of the mags after I use the oiled rag, just to keep the oil in there to a minimum.)

While everyone has their own routine, this one has served me well carrying daily for a long time, and shooting for even longer.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory.html#

click on LCP, then click on the instruction manual icon (center top) to download the free 35 page manual.