In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SWC .45's in XDM Compact

TriumphGuyTriumphGuy Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had experience feeding 200 gr. lead SWC's through a Springfield XDM Compact? Am considering adding one to my inventory. I have settled on 200 gr SWC's as my all around plinking/fun round and don't to run full tilt defense loads through such a small piece. I know these guns have an excellent reliability reputation, but everyone runs Rhino rollers through them, or at least 230 gr ball.

Comments

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a problem TriumphGuy. My XDM Compact has taken any load that I have put in it. I shot 200gr SWC exclusively until my source dried up. Now I'm back to 230 RN again.

Have fun!!
    To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • TriumphGuyTriumphGuy Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks mstrblaster. With the .22 rimfire shortage, I'm gravitating to CF. I have always enjoyed target loads in revolvers and autos. So much easier on the wrists, ears, guns, etc., and it's nice to cut those sharp round holes very close together.