In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun insurance question

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
What, in your opinion is the best deal around for gun insurance? I need to get some more and heard that the NRA is the best deal around, thoughts? Thanks.

Todd

Comments

• perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have a rider on Mine with State Farm. never had a claim But do know a lot of Claim managers at regional Headquarters office Used to keep their Computers running. They have used me from time to time to set Values on claims for standard Home owner policy . My policy is a RIDER
  • MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a Look at Eastern Insurance. www.historicfirearms.com

Jack Richardson.

Consider a small deductible. I let my NRA coverage take the first one. (ps NRA free coverage must be asked for )
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have had the NRA for years. Use it once after a fire. Payed good.
  • TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you have a large collection try www.collectinsure.com
    Collectibles Insurance Company. I've used them for over 10 years with satisfaction.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Like perry shooter I have mine through my home insurer...State Farm. Have a rider on my homeowners policy. Never had a claim but knowing State Farm, that should be no problem if I have a "situation."
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Insurance companies are regulated by the states (or not).

Despite national advertising, any given company may (or may not) be permitted to do business in your state. Be sure to check it out with your state insurance agency (if yours has one).

Neal