In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester shotgun reference material

DEEREHARTDEEREHART Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in Ask the Experts
Hey guys I am looking for a good reference book on Winchester shotguns in general and model 42s in particular. Something parallel to Rule for mod 70s or Houze to 52s. Any thoughts???

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doug,

"Winchester Shotguns & Shotshells" by Ronald W. Stadt

"The Greatest Hammerless Repeating Shotgun Ever Built The Model 12, 1912-196" by Dave Riffle
  • Options
    DEEREHARTDEEREHART Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great, [:(] I think some days I should collect books instead of rifles.
    Thanks Bert and Trap
  • Options
    TriumphGuyTriumphGuy Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Winchester Shotguns", by Dennis Adler is a gorgeous coffee table style book that would be hard to beat. 300 pages of gorgeous, high quality photo prints and text. It was published by Chartwell Books in 2006. 13 pages of stunning photos of various grades of Mod. 42. I don't remember what I paid, but it was probably around $15 or $20 in the large format book section of Barnes & Noble.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TriumphGuy
    "Winchester Shotguns", by Dennis Adler is a gorgeous coffee table style book that would be hard to beat. 300 pages of gorgeous, high quality photo prints and text. It was published by Chartwell Books in 2006. 13 pages of stunning photos of various grades of Mod. 42. I don't remember what I paid, but it was probably around $15 or $20 in the large format book section of Barnes & Noble.

I bought it when it came out, and carefully read it cover to cover. The pictures are great, but the technical write-ups leave a lot to be desired (too many inaccuracies).