In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

L.M. Dickson scope???

jlr666jlr666 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2014 in Ask the Experts
i recentely bought a custom turkish mauser with scope turnt down bolt and monte carlo stock for 125 dollars at my local shop. when i got it home i noticed that the scope has no adujustment knobs the shaft is smooth. so i went back to my buddies shop and after about 20 mins. we figured it out there is a large screw off piece at the rear and when it is unscrewed it reveals recessed adj. knobs. he said that they havent made the scopes for about 40 years and that he might have let it go to cheap. so if any body knows what its worth or any thing about it please let me know. he also said he had never seen anything like it.

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can check the book this evening if no one gets you the information sooner.

Dickson is not listed in Stroebel's Old Rifle Scopes. Hard to know what conclusion to draw from that, but likely they are seen seldom enough to be below the radar of all but the most serious collectors. Sorry I can't help with value.
  • vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I came across this old posting. Actually Mr. Dog, Strobel's does list the Dickson scope on pg.265. I noticed they don't always follow the alphabet.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by vandj1318
    I came across this old posting. Actually Mr. Dog, Strobel's does list the Dickson scope on pg.265. I noticed they don't always follow the alphabet.

There have been more than one edition, of Stroebel's reference work on scopes. The earlier one, ( circa 2000 ), doesn't have the information on Dickson scopes.
  • vandj1318vandj1318 Member Posts: 237 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That, I didn't know...Thank you.