In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Model 12 12-B checkering pattern?

andrew.mathewsandrew.mathews Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know where a template for Winchester's 12-B (or even 12-A) checkering pattern as used on the Model 12 might be available?

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go to:www.daverifflegunsales.com. ask him to send you a copy of a #2 pattern. he'd be glad to help you. i have the book of winchester pattern overlays back in virginia or i'd send it to you myself! good luck! tell em bobski the old navy guy sent ya!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks! Own his book and love it. Didn't realize he had such a website, but it's bookmarked now.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately his response was quite negative. I would certainly be willing to purchase a pattern book containing it. Are factory patterns commonly published and documented?
  • Options
    Model 12Model 12 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave can sometimes be...a little aloof. I believe the "Winchester Model 12" by George Madis has the patterns also. You can usually find this on ebay for a few bucks (way cheaper than Dave's book). If I can find mine, I'll contact you and let you know.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. The patterns in George Madis' book I haven't tried to enlarge to actual size, though I guess it could be done with a scanner and image processor. I imagine there would be a distortion transposing the curved to flat back to curved image though. That's why I was hoping for a tracing, or layout pattern of an original.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    andrew,
    I also have talked w/Riffles but he had no idea whom bobski was.
    The checkering pattern may be available from: www.checkering.com
    This is only a suggestion. I do believe it would be difficult to arrive at a lpi, etc., from Madis book. Sherry just may send you a tracing. Best wishes, 101