In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Woodchucker by Anshutz

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for information on the Woodchucker made by Anchutz. It is a youngster sized rifle, with a 5 shot magazine, chambered in 22 WMR. I am looking for who the importer/distributor was, and the approximate worth of the rifle in 95%+ condidtion. I have a chance to acquire one, and the asking price is $275.00. It is currently wearing a no frills Tasco 3-9x. Any one, or anywhere that I could get more info from would be awesom.

Thanks,
TSR1965

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Book says the Anschutz Woodchucker in .22 WMR was sold only by R.S.R. Wholesale. Probably in 1990 or 1991, that is when the l.r. version was available. Last retail was $249.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 Woodchuckers, both in .22 LR. I bought the first one for my son on his 10th birthday in 1985. I got it from RSR in Reno. It came with a case with "Woodchucker" on it. I also bought 2 10 rnd mags for it.

The second one I just bought for my wife last year and paid $400.00 in mint condition. These little rifles are very hard to find as they are no longer made.

At $275.00, I would buy that one in a heart beat.
    edited November -1
    You will like it. For a reasonably priced kids rifle, they are amazingly accurate.

Enjoy!!
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can any one tell me what action this is made on, so I might be able to find an extra magazine or 2?
    edited November -1
    I got mags for the Woodchucker here or on fleabay.
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am having a time as mine is a 22 Magnum. I just want to have a couple.