In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cup Pressure of This Gun???

my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=108223365 in the 2ed photo
Can somebody convert these numbers into standard pressure numbers. Will this shoot run of the mill Remington Core-lok ammo, Black hills...... Thanks for any help that can be offered

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Looks like roughly 36,800 - 39,000 PSI

EDITI defer to nononsence I thought one bar = 14.7 psi I guess I was mistaken go with NONONSENCE's figureto be on the safe side. .
  • Options
    my-handymanmy-handyman Member Posts: 298 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perry: Thanks! Do you happen to know if Remington 405 or the 300gr Core-lokt shells will work or is this a black powder handload???
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my-handymanm

The direct conversion from 2200 BAR to PSI is 31,900 PSI. The SAAMI pressure rating for the 45-70 Gov't is 28,000 CUP, while the CIP rating is 32,000 PSI. So the 2200 BAR is the CIP pressure rating.

You'll have to check with the manufacturers as to what level they load their cartridges.

Best.

ADDED:

There is some discrepancy between some load data. It seems when lists are transcribed or copied, some folks don't keep their measuring systems straight. I checked several lists and it seems that SAAMI is using the old fashioned rating of 28,000 CUP and NOT the 28,000 PSI that I originally stated. I changed my post to reflect this.

Best.