In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington nylon question ????

abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2008 in Ask the Experts
O.K. , another brain-fart ??? customers nylon 66 with broken stock , have replacement (nylon) bare stock , ,,, how do you get the 'outer tube' out of the old stock to place it in the new stock ???
Geez !!!
Thanks !!!
d.a.stearns a.k.a. SKEEZIX
Gunsmith / LEO
Athens , Tn

allamericangunshop.com

Comments

• Options
    jax18421jax18421 Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll try this. It has been a while since I did one but from what I remember....take off the receiver cover, remove the barrel and bolt. With the bolt out you'll see the inside end of the tube looking in from the top. There you'll see a C clip. Pull that clip out with needle nose pliers
    and the tube should slide out the butt. Hope I helped some.
    Paul
    jax18421
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds right from my own recollection. The c clip should do it.
    And if you don't mind, while we're talking Nylon Remingtons, I'm looking for an intact buttplate.
    Any chance this project will leave you with an extra?
    If so, please email me.
    Thanks,
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Brown or Black?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Brown or black?
    Are we talking the butt plate here?
    I thought they were all black, but if, like wine, they come in colors, either would do.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All Remington "Nylon" buttplates were black..The 77 & 10C's are solid, the 66's have a hole for the mag. tube...
    JIM......
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Haven't looked at mine in over a month, but I have a friend who is replacing his stock with a homemade wooden one; I'll see if he wants to get rid of his old used up parts[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A wooden stock? Must be for one of the bolt actions. Not the 66 for sure. Forgot about the hole for the feed tube. Guess I'm definately looking for a black, 66 plate!